The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted face-to-face consultations and meetings. Alternatives to in-person consultations include using the phone or a video call. Videocalls can be made with MS Teams, Zoom, Skype, or FaceTime. Please let us know your preference and we will accomodate.
Our preference is for video consultations and technical information is given below. Always have your mobile with you and answer calls from us in case of any technical difficulties. Our phone calls may show up on your phone as an unlisted number.
MS Teams Consultations
- If you have a Microsoft account then install MS Teams by clicking here
- At the time time of the consultation you will receive an invitation from us by email or text to join a meeting. Please click on the invitation link to commence the meeting.
- Register a Zoom account. Click here for more information.
- Complete the setup by activating your account.
- You will receive an invitation from us by email or text to join a meeting. Please click on the invitation link to commence the meeting.
- Install Skype on your computer or smartphone. Click here for more information.
- Register with a Skype ID. Your Skype ID will be your username. A Skype ID can be a name, number or email address. You will need to provide me with your Skype ID in order for me to make contact with you.
- My Skype ID: frans.hugo_1
Environment: Please ensure that you are in a quiet space that offers privacy. If you are accessing a video call, please ensure you have a reliable internet connection, a camera and a microphone.
Phone appointment: Have your phone nearby at the time of the scheduled appointment. You do not need to do anything else as I will call you.
Video call: You will have receive a link to the meeting via email or text. Login and join the meeting and I will join at the appointment time. Please notify me if anyone is in the room with you. If there is an issue with the connection or I am unable to reach you by video call, I will attempt to phone you. Please bear in mind, there might be a slight delay between one person speaking and the other person hearing it.
Notes: Please be aware I will take notes during the telehealth session. I may need to glance at the keyboard occasionally as you are talking; if this occurs, I am still listening.
Schedule: Telehealth can slow me down a little compared to face to face appointments, as there is usually extra work behind the scenes. I will do my best to be efficient.
Time allocated: I am unable to go over the time allocated for the appointment if you feel a longer appointment might be more appropriate, please contact reception well in advance so we can try to accommodate this.
If you do not answer: If I attempt to contact you by phone or video call and you do not answer, I will attempt two more times (making a total of 3 attempts). If I am still unable to get in contact with you, I will mark your appointment as ‘did not attend’. The non-attendance fee will need to be settled before your appointment can be rescheduled.
If I do not call at the specified time: If I don’t call at the scheduled time, I may be running late. If you are unable to wait or you are concerned there may be an issue, please call The Marian Centre Consulting Suites reception on 9486 7399.
Telehealth appointments are privately billed at the same rate as clinic based appointments, and payment of your account is required on the same day. To settle your account following your appointment, reception at the Marian Centre Consulting Suites will call you or you can call reception on 9486 7399.
Your next appointment booking, scripts and referrals will be arranged after your payment has been processed.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on 9486 7399 or email reception on firstname.lastname@example.org.